NOW HIRING: Junior Outside Salesperson
Successful woman-owned small commercial printing company in the heart of downtown Baltimore’s business district seeks a full-time Junior Outside Salesperson to join our close-knit team. Known for over 40 years as the premier printer in Baltimore City, we at Curry Printing pride ourselves on our top-notch employees, investing time, energy and resources to create a fun, productive and satisfying workplace.
Are you tired of being just a disposable number, a cog in the wheel in the corporate slog? See how the other half lives in Small Business USA! Don’t like something at work? Change it! Have a cool idea? Implement it! Want to make a difference in your coworkers’ lives, in your company, in your community? Do it! Desire to be heard by the owner? You will be working side by side every day, so just speak up! Don’t have that opportunity at your current job? Contact us… we might be a good fit for you.
Here’s what you will be responsible for:
- Growing our business! We are the best printing company around, and we want everyone to know it and get to experience our awesomeness.
- Working with clients provided to you to penetrate deeper into their accounts and grow their existing sales. Do some detective work and figure out additional services we can provide to them that we aren’t already.
- Working with prospects provided to you to set up appointments, evaluate their needs, and help them solve printing problems. We’ve teed up the ball for you, now you take the swing!
- Identifying and contacting prospects on your own. What’s your strength…networking? Research? Getting referrals? Do it your way; as long as you get results, we’ll stay out of your way.
- Managing and growing your book of business. If you’re not growing, you’re dying.
- Following up incessantly. Don’t squander your leads, most salespeople give up WAY too soon!
- Working with your sales team to set and achieve goals. We respect your input and won’t just plop down unachievable objectives for you.
- Advocating for your clients! Making sure they receive 5-star service with every interaction.
- Getting referrals from grateful and happy clients. Reap the benefits of your hard work!
- Learning the printing business (if not familiar). It’s cool. Just ask anyone. Totally retro.
- Becoming proficient with our print management/estimating software. If you are reasonably tech savvy, this should be no problem at all.
- Acquainting yourself with our suppliers, maintaining excellent contacts and relationships. Make sure YOU are the one they go the extra mile for, just like we do for our clients.
- Investing in building solid, professional and mutually beneficial relationships with your teammates. We are a fantastic bunch and will go to the wall for people we like.
- Improving and educating yourself, with our help, always growing and learning as an individual and as part of our team. It sounds lame, but we actually care about you as a human being.
Who are we looking for?
- You have at least 2 years of full-time experience doing outside sales with a successful track record.
- You must be a clear, precise, and immediate communicator. You listen more than you talk, and you know what to ask to get to the heart of the matter.
- You are assertive, resourceful, and tireless in working toward your goals. Following any rejection, you pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and get back in the game.
- You act with a sense of urgency. You don’t look around for someone else to take charge – you jump in and ask questions.
- You are a competent problem-solver. You figure out creative solutions and stay positive about challenges.
- You TCOB every day. Challenging goals aren’t stressful for you, they’re exciting!
- No slackers, please! We are a small, hardworking team and we value initiative and personal responsibility.
- You notice the small details. Grammar and spelling mistakes equal catastrophe.
- Please, if you don’t have a sense of humor, you can stop reading here.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance fully paid by company for each employee
- Vision/Dental/Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K & Profit Sharing Plan
- Sandwich Thursdays
- Continuing Education
- Work/life balance
- Jeans every day!
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service, meeting impossible deadlines and having a fantastic support team with tremendous knowledge in all aspects of graphic design, printing, promotional items, signage, and mailing. Work in a fast-paced environment that encourages creativity, appreciates constructive feedback, and is committed to developing professionals!
Why work at our print shop?
Work should be challenging, rewarding, and fun. That’s what we believe at Curry Printing anyway.
If you agree, we’d love to have you join our team. We’re always on the lookout for talented, creative, and motivated people who are interested in helping customers and building a successful brand.
Our co-workers are bright, personable, optimistic, creative, and detail-oriented. We provide a pleasant, supportive atmosphere and corporate culture that encourages each co-worker to develop his or her individual potential to the fullest. We continually seek out those with extraordinary skills, attitudes and work ethics.
We also boast a high retention rate among our co-workers.
Here are a few reasons why:
Our print shop has a proven track record of success.
Our product—printing—is an essential element to the success of almost every business.
We have ongoing employment, training, and advancement opportunities, along with competitive compensation programs and a friendly, supportive working atmosphere.
Open-minded management is always looking for ideas and ways to do things better.